Tuesday, July 28, 2009

#7. You CAN

...even when you think you can't. There's a well-known mantra in our culture:
"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can".
It comes from "The Little Engine That Could". It tells a story about how even when faced with an overwhelming task, a little positivity, and taking things one step at a time, sees you there in the end.


So, my darling boys, be patient, take things one step at a time, believe in yourselves, and you'll get there.



A big thank you to Sandra at mumspace for this piece of advice. She swears by the chugging arms. Her mum used to do the voice and arms for her when she was tiny, trying to do something, and getting frustrate with it. Sandra does it now for her own kids, and for herself when having trouble staying on track or getting something finished. She has even been known to pull out the arm-chugs in public for that extra last-ditch effort :)


Image from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Engine_That_Could)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)