Thursday, September 10, 2009

Letter to my boys on the day of their birth - part 1

[Part 1. 6.25am, 09/09/09]

Well, my darlings, the day has arrived!!

You are officially 34 weeks and 1 day old and today is the day your daddy and I will finally lay our eyes on you for the first time.

We have been so excited about this moment for so long it feels like forever. We have been eagerly anticipating this day since the minute we knew you existed.

Your daddy and I have spent countless hours talking to each other about how wonderful it's going to be when you arrive, imagining how wonderful our family is going to be with you both in it, and we can't believe that in only a couple of hours time we'll have you in our arms. We barely spent a wink last night because we were so excited.

We love you so much, and can't wait to see you very very soon.

All the love in the universe
Your Mama


[Part 2]

Oh, my darling darling babies. You're here. And you're beautiful. I love you so much. You're so so tiny. Much smaller than we were expecting, but you're perfect. We're all going to be in hospital for a little bit longer than we thought, but everything is going to be ok. Grow my tiny ones.

I love you more than I ever knew I could. Nothing could have prepared me for the intensity. It took my breath away. I loved you so much, so instantly, that for a second I couldn't breathe.

Welcome to the world darling ones.

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)