Friday, April 9, 2010

7 months!




My darling babies are 7 months old today. And they are particularly delightful at the moment (give or take the middle-of-the-night playtime sessions). Their personalities are on show more than ever. They cackle and babble all day long. They try to sit up, grab toys, grab each other, grab me. Adorable.

*******************

Happy 7 month birthday my darling Lach

You are an amazing little man. So much energy and spirit! You're so strong-willed.

You let us know when you're not happy about something, but far more often you let us know when you are happy. Your smile is so cheeky. You have a mischevious look about you, young man!


You've taken to wanting every single toy that Hamish is playing with - even if you're playing with exactly the same one! But don't worry too much, he's figured you out, and he's reciprocating.

You cuddle your Mama and Daddy now, which is seriously the most adorable thing in the world. My heart feels like it's going to explode out of my chest when you reach up with your little arms to touch my face. You put your tiny little hands on my cheeks and pull me in for the biggest, sloppiest open-mouthed kiss - usually straight over the end of my nose. You cuddle your nana and grandma too, and it bring tears to their eyes.

And, your first tooth broke through your bottom gum today! Such a big boy. I think you probably spend a good half of your waking time doing stomach crunches. You are trying so hard to pull yourself into a sitting position from lying down that you actually have a six-pack. You are a little ball of muscle!

You are now 6.65kg, so you're getting bigger and bigger. You're still a little thing, but you're definitely catching up. You're eating spaghetti bolognaise! You can't get enough food to be honest - in fact, I think you prefer it to your milk!

You make me smile my darling tiny one. I can't put into words how much I love you.

All the love in the universe,

Your Mama





Hamish - my gorgeous beautiful little boy

My squishy mishy - sometimes I go a little far and call you my squishous delicious - yes, I know. I should stop that :) But you are just so so cuddly. You are definitely hug-powered.

You're on the move too. You stretch and roll around all over the place. You're never in the spot where I put you down. If I turn my back for a second, you're off the mat, on the floor.

You have two bottom teeth!! We've been working really hard to get you to eat solids, and finally we had a break-through. We think you just don't like mush (and really, I don't blame you!). If I give you steamed carrot sticks, pieces of apple, pawpaw or kiwifruit, rusks, toast, or anything you can pick up and put in your mouth yourself, you are totally fine. If I try to put a spoonful of mush in your mouth - well, let's just say projectile vomit, and leave it at that.

You love your mama, daddy and your brother. I don't think I've ever seen a smile as kind, gentle and joyous as yours. You are a gentle soul, my little darling boy. You charm everyone you meet. You just seem to find so much joy in your life, and you have a permanent smile on your face. Everyone who meets you falls in love with you.

You're 7.25kg! You have the most adorable soft cheeks. And you have the softest kindest eyes.

I love you my beautiful little baby boy - so so much.

All the love in the universe
Your Mama

3 comments:

  1. happy seven months! i think the little boy that i am looking after soon is around the same age as your bubba boys xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh carly, you'll adore it! they're so delightful at this age. So much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Maybe it's because it's so late and I'm tired but your post has brought tears to my eyes! What a lovely thing for your boys to be able to look back on as they get older - it really is a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)