Sunday, December 2, 2012

The first day of Christmas

We're a 'put the tree up on December first' family. So, yesterday was the day.

Here it is in all its [almost] monochromatic glory.


And here are some of my favourite ornaments. Hmm, some people don't like glitter and sequins. I'm not one of them! I don't think you can ever have too much silver, or too much glitter.



And look at that gorgeous teeny tiny train engine, complete with glittered wheels, of course. My boys are rather train obsessed, especially Hame.

I put some fairy lights in my kitchen. Why not have a prettily framed view if you can. Besides, if it's good enough for Nigella, it's good enough for me.



Rocky has also perfected his 'Gangnam Style' moves and has been busting them out all weekend. I filmed him, but unfortunately his dancefloor prowess has also coincided with a nudist phase, so there'll be no sharing here on the www. But if I can capture him doing it clothed, you can bet it will be here.

I'm procrastinating. I really am. We've had a 'welcome to summer' day to celebrate my lovely mother-in-law's birthday, spending the afternoon in our beautiful breezy garden with champagne and then hours splashing about in the pool with cousins, parents and siblings. It's been fabulous on this sweltering hot day. But now I should be working. In fact, I have three speeches to finish writing.

Ah, best get on with it then.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos - we are a 1st of December household too. My daughter has been busy this weekend so am waiting till she get homes from school to put our tree up. Can't wait. And personally I don't think there is such a thing as too many fairy lights ;-) Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed putting your tree up! And I'm with you on the subject of fairy lights; in fact, I snuck in a new purchase today! Jenx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful tree! I have fairy lights decked out in Sunny's room in place of a lamp. There's something about fairy lights :) I think we're all heading into that procrastinating holiday mode...

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky Sunny! I've been thinking I might string some around our bedhead and hope the hubster doesn't notice. It's this time of year isn't it - I just want to go slowly and languidly and I can't help but feel semi-on-holiday already! x

      Delete
  3. Your tree is stunning - love the colour theme and what's a Christmas tree without bling and sparkle? Gorgeous and love your fairy lights in the kitchen - very festive. Our tree went up on the 1st too and has toppled over thanks to Sophie several times since then :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! You've just made my day :)